ABILENE, Texas - Wednesday, Abilene Christian University hosted the Global Poverty Project, a presentation that gives students information to take action against extreme poverty.
1.4 billion people in the world are currently living in extreme poverty.
The multimedia talk is being held at universities and high schools around the country.
The project challenges students to live off a $1.50 a day.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS