ABILENE, Texas - Goodwill-West Texas and Meek Blood Center are teaming up Friday, July 25 to save lives.
A mobile donation center will be parked in front of the Goodwill at 2200 N. 1st Street from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. to help boost donations in the summer months.
The recent hailstorm left two of Meek Blood Center's three donation trucks damaged, making the slow donation season an even greater challenge. According to the center about 65 % of blood donations received come from the mobile donation centers.
Donors who give blood on July 25 will receive a T-shirt and a 50% discount at any Goodwill store in Abilene that day. By donating blood and shopping at Goodwill donors will be helping to save lives and provide opportunities for those seeking employment. You can learn more and get involved by visiting Meek Blood Center and Goodwill-West Texas at their websites.
Anyone planning to donate on Friday should remember to eat a good meal beforehand and stay well hydrated throughout the day.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'