ABILENE, Texas - Goodwill-West Texas and Meek Blood Center are teaming up Friday, July 25 to save lives.
A mobile donation center will be parked in front of the Goodwill at 2200 N. 1st Street from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. to help boost donations in the summer months.
The recent hailstorm left two of Meek Blood Center's three donation trucks damaged, making the slow donation season an even greater challenge. According to the center about 65 % of blood donations received come from the mobile donation centers.
Donors who give blood on July 25 will receive a T-shirt and a 50% discount at any Goodwill store in Abilene that day. By donating blood and shopping at Goodwill donors will be helping to save lives and provide opportunities for those seeking employment. You can learn more and get involved by visiting Meek Blood Center and Goodwill-West Texas at their websites.
Anyone planning to donate on Friday should remember to eat a good meal beforehand and stay well hydrated throughout the day.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase