ABILENE, Texas - A longtime Republican running for Governor made a stop in Abilene Tuesday.
Tom Pauken met fellow Republicans at a reception at Enrique's Restaurant.
Pauken is a veteran, former Chairman of the Republican Party, and most recently chairman of the Texas Workforce Commission.
He spoke to supporters about his rival, Attorney General Greg Abbott. Pauken says his advantage is not being entrenched in the Austin political scene. "I just think there's too much power of the Austin insiders and the big money folks", said Pauken. "And we got to get back to representing the grassroots, forgotten Texans, middle-class taxpayers who don't have lobbyists in Austin and aren't looking for loopholes in the law."
Pauken will continue his tour of West Texas with a stop in Midland on Wednesday.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning