ABILENE, Texas - The Grace Museum launched their new program called "Friends" on Thursday morning.
Initiated by Dallas Museum of Art, the free program is a new way for people to connect with the museum. The hope is to get visitors more involved with the museum.
Here's how it works: Once a guest signs up at the kiosk located inside the museum, they are able to earn points and rewards by attending various activities put on at The Grace.
The museum's director said The Grace is the first to pilot this program and the staff couldn't be happier.
"There's a lot of heart and soul that has gone into this," director Laura Moore said. "We have (a) great staff and board that really care about the outcome and care about people being involved.
"I think when you're driven by these feelings, you're just very excited when the fruition is here."
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas