The old Lacks building on Buffalo Gap has a new owner.
Taylor County tax rolls show H-E-B has purchased that property. We reported last year that H-E-B had also purchased the lot of land next to it to the south. We've contacted H-E-B, but the grocer has yet to comment on the purchase.
The property is located near the intersection of Buffalo Gap and Antilley Road, across from Mr. Burger and not too far from Wylie High School.
Meanwhile, there will be more shopping off of Catclaw. The realtor working that deal tells us the land next to Aaron's rental was sold to a strip mall developer out of Dallas. No word yet on which retailers may be setting up shop.
The yellow awnings of the old Jack and Jill donut shop on Pine have turned blue. It looks like AM Donuts will take over the space after a certificate of occupancy was filed for the location.
You may have noticed all the construction in the Mall of Abilene parking lot. Mall management tells us the work should all be done before Black Friday and the holiday shopping rush.
And a couple of months ago we told you about a new bar and restaurant in downtown Abilene. The bar, Fat Bosses, is now open. And Abi-Haus, a restaurant and bar, will open to the public next Friday, November 16th.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017