ABILENE, Texas - A memorial service for the Hardin-Simmons University athlete killed in a wreck Sunday will be held Nov. 17 at Shelton Stadium.
Taylor Huff, 21, was walking down Ambler Ave. near Will Hair Park around 4:30 a.m. Sunday when, according to police, a 19-year-old hit him. Police said Huff was wearing dark clothing at the time and was dead by the time they arrived at the scene. The teen was released upon giving a statement — police said he showed no signs of intoxication.
Huff was a senior exercise science major. He was a wide receiver and played in 19 varsity football games.
A memorial service was held in Huff's hometown of Arlington Thursday. HSU will host his local memorial at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 at Shelton Stadium. According to a university spokeswoman, university football players will lead the informal service. It will include a candlelight prayer vigil and it is open to the public.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death