ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons celebrated their Homecoming with barbecue and a lot of school spirit on Saturday afternoon.
Current students and alumni enjoyed songs from the Cowboy band while the cheerleaders worked the crowd with chants and stunts before the Homecoming football game scheduled to start Saturday at 1 p.m.
Even folks from thousands of miles away came back to Abilene to reminisce and reconnect with old friends. Some graduates from the 50s and 60s still have a special place in their hearts for Hardin-Simmons University.
Glenn Bratcher, a 1957 HSU graduate, still makes the trip to Abilene yearly to celebrate his Homecoming, "It's great. I love coming back to Abilene and seeing the 40 acres and the band and the cheerleaders and all the students and especially my friends."
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen