ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons celebrated their Homecoming with barbecue and a lot of school spirit on Saturday afternoon.
Current students and alumni enjoyed songs from the Cowboy band while the cheerleaders worked the crowd with chants and stunts before the Homecoming football game scheduled to start Saturday at 1 p.m.
Even folks from thousands of miles away came back to Abilene to reminisce and reconnect with old friends. Some graduates from the 50s and 60s still have a special place in their hearts for Hardin-Simmons University.
Glenn Bratcher, a 1957 HSU graduate, still makes the trip to Abilene yearly to celebrate his Homecoming, "It's great. I love coming back to Abilene and seeing the 40 acres and the band and the cheerleaders and all the students and especially my friends."
- Updated Police: Suspect in shooting near Texas strip mall is dead, 9 wounded
- Updated Jury selection begins today for brutal late 2014 Abilene murder
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- New color spreading through downtown Abilene
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87