ABILENE, Texas - The man shot Tuesday night in Haskell is in the intensive care unit of a hospital, according to police.
The shooting happened on South First Street in Haskell at 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Haskell police said their initial investigation revealed Cody Wyrick, who turned 22 years old Wednesday, kicked in the front door of a home and forced his way inside.
The homeowner allegedly confronted Wyrick with a gun and told him to stop.
Police said Wyrick continued moving toward the homeowner and was shot several times.
Texas Rangers are investigating and it is too early to say if charges will be filed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated