ABILENE, Texas - The man shot Tuesday night in Haskell is in the intensive care unit of a hospital, according to police.
The shooting happened on South First Street in Haskell at 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Haskell police said their initial investigation revealed Cody Wyrick, who turned 22 years old Wednesday, kicked in the front door of a home and forced his way inside.
The homeowner allegedly confronted Wyrick with a gun and told him to stop.
Police said Wyrick continued moving toward the homeowner and was shot several times.
Texas Rangers are investigating and it is too early to say if charges will be filed.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash