ABILENE, Texas - A Hawley man was indicted Friday for allegedly ramming his car into a family member's car and threatening the driver's life.
Ruben Esparza Jr., 38, was arrested in June. According to court documents, he allegedly used his car to block the victim from driving and got out of his vehicle and punched the victim's car windows.
Police said the driver was able to pull away and let his wife and children out of his vehicle. Esparza allegedly continued to follow the driver and rammed the car more than once.
Esparza allegedly later ran toward the driver and verbally threatened to kill him.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted him for second degree felony aggravated assault.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting