ABILENE, Texas - The 27th Annual Don't Mess With Texas Trash-off takes place in April.
Darah Waldrip from the Texas Department of Transportation appeared on KTXS This Morning Thursday to discuss the event.
The trash-off will run from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 6. Participants should meet in the K-Mart parking lot at 4565 S. 1st Street in Abilene.
The goal of the trash-off is to encourage Texans to clean up the state's roadsides and communities. Volunteers are needed to help with this Texas "spring cleaning."
Those that are members of Adopt-a-Highway groups are also encouraged to clean up their section of roadway on April 6.
Every year, millions of pieces of litter are thrown, blown, or left on the roadways.
According to TxDOT, the trash-off is the single largest one day cleanup event in the state.
TxDot and Keep Texas Beautiful partner to organize the event.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash