ABILENE, Texas - The 27th Annual Don't Mess With Texas Trash-off takes place in April.
Darah Waldrip from the Texas Department of Transportation appeared on KTXS This Morning Thursday to discuss the event.
The trash-off will run from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 6. Participants should meet in the K-Mart parking lot at 4565 S. 1st Street in Abilene.
The goal of the trash-off is to encourage Texans to clean up the state's roadsides and communities. Volunteers are needed to help with this Texas "spring cleaning."
Those that are members of Adopt-a-Highway groups are also encouraged to clean up their section of roadway on April 6.
Every year, millions of pieces of litter are thrown, blown, or left on the roadways.
According to TxDOT, the trash-off is the single largest one day cleanup event in the state.
TxDot and Keep Texas Beautiful partner to organize the event.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated