ABILENE, Texas - Hendrick Medical Center is celebrating American Heart Month by offering health screenings and consultations free of charge.
Participants in "A Day to Take Heart" receive free cholesterol and glucose screenings, blood pressure and body mass index measurements, EKG tests, pulmonary function tests, and carotid artery assessments.
Certified cardiac nurses and diabetes educations will be available to discuss results with patients. Educational resources will also be available from multiple Hendrick services.
"A Day to Take Heart" will be Tuesday, February 18. Doors are open from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Auxiliary Conference Center. That is located on the second floor of the Shelton Building at 2000 Pine Street.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized