ABILENE, Texas - Hendrick Medical Center is celebrating American Heart Month by offering health screenings and consultations free of charge.
Participants in "A Day to Take Heart" receive free cholesterol and glucose screenings, blood pressure and body mass index measurements, EKG tests, pulmonary function tests, and carotid artery assessments.
Certified cardiac nurses and diabetes educations will be available to discuss results with patients. Educational resources will also be available from multiple Hendrick services.
"A Day to Take Heart" will be Tuesday, February 18. Doors are open from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Auxiliary Conference Center. That is located on the second floor of the Shelton Building at 2000 Pine Street.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth