ABILENE, Texas - Billionaire oilman Trevor Rees-Jones is the new owner of Hendrick River Ranch, located about 50 miles north of Abilene.
In February, it was announced that the 42,000-acre ranch had been sold, but Rees-Jones disclosed his identity as the buyer this month.
Hendrick River Ranch was also known for the Hendrick Home for Children Ranch, founded in 1939.
The land covers about 70 percent of where the city of Abilene hopes to build the future Cedar Ridge Reservoir. It stretches across Throckmorton, Haskell and Shackelford counties.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring