ABILENE, Texas - Billionaire oilman Trevor Rees-Jones is the new owner of Hendrick River Ranch, located about 50 miles north of Abilene.
In February, it was announced that the 42,000-acre ranch had been sold, but Rees-Jones disclosed his identity as the buyer this month.
Hendrick River Ranch was also known for the Hendrick Home for Children Ranch, founded in 1939.
The land covers about 70 percent of where the city of Abilene hopes to build the future Cedar Ridge Reservoir. It stretches across Throckmorton, Haskell and Shackelford counties.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field