ABILENE, Texas - Billionaire oilman Trevor Rees-Jones is the new owner of Hendrick River Ranch, located about 50 miles north of Abilene.
In February, it was announced that the 42,000-acre ranch had been sold, but Rees-Jones disclosed his identity as the buyer this month.
Hendrick River Ranch was also known for the Hendrick Home for Children Ranch, founded in 1939.
The land covers about 70 percent of where the city of Abilene hopes to build the future Cedar Ridge Reservoir. It stretches across Throckmorton, Haskell and Shackelford counties.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated