ABILENE, Texas - Winter is a difficult time of year for blood banks all over the country. Friday, high school students in Abilene did their part to give blood to those in need.
The Meek Bloodmobile took a trip to Holland Medical High School for a blood drive.
More high school students were able to donate blood because guidelines have changed to allow 16-year-olds to participate as long as they have parental consent.
Donors must weigh a minimum of 120 lbs and wait a minimum of 8 weeks between whole blood donations.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017