ABILENE, Texas - Winter is a difficult time of year for blood banks all over the country. Friday, high school students in Abilene did their part to give blood to those in need.
The Meek Bloodmobile took a trip to Holland Medical High School for a blood drive.
More high school students were able to donate blood because guidelines have changed to allow 16-year-olds to participate as long as they have parental consent.
Donors must weigh a minimum of 120 lbs and wait a minimum of 8 weeks between whole blood donations.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'