ABILENE, Texas - A house many consider Abilene's most historic was damaged during Thursday night's storm.
The Swenson House in far north Abilene had substantial damage to the roof. The terracotta tiles were cracked by large falling hail.
Bill Minter with the Abilene Preservation League tells KTXS the roof was also damaged badly in 2006. That damage cost $50,000 to fix.
There was also damage to exterior lighting and one window.
Minter said insurance will cover the roof damage, though getting new tiles can be difficult.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade