ABILENE, Texas - A house many consider Abilene's most historic was damaged during Thursday night's storm.
The Swenson House in far north Abilene had substantial damage to the roof. The terracotta tiles were cracked by large falling hail.
Bill Minter with the Abilene Preservation League tells KTXS the roof was also damaged badly in 2006. That damage cost $50,000 to fix.
There was also damage to exterior lighting and one window.
Minter said insurance will cover the roof damage, though getting new tiles can be difficult.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS