ABILENE, Texas - A house many consider Abilene's most historic was damaged during Thursday night's storm.
The Swenson House in far north Abilene had substantial damage to the roof. The terracotta tiles were cracked by large falling hail.
Bill Minter with the Abilene Preservation League tells KTXS the roof was also damaged badly in 2006. That damage cost $50,000 to fix.
There was also damage to exterior lighting and one window.
Minter said insurance will cover the roof damage, though getting new tiles can be difficult.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location