ABILENE, Texas - A house many consider Abilene's most historic was damaged during Thursday night's storm.
The Swenson House in far north Abilene had substantial damage to the roof. The terracotta tiles were cracked by large falling hail.
Bill Minter with the Abilene Preservation League tells KTXS the roof was also damaged badly in 2006. That damage cost $50,000 to fix.
There was also damage to exterior lighting and one window.
Minter said insurance will cover the roof damage, though getting new tiles can be difficult.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy