ABILENE, Texas - On Monday, Nov. 5, the Disney/ABC Television group is holding a day-long event called the "Day of Giving" to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
KTXS Television is an affiliate station of ABC Television.
To help those affected locally, you can drop off a donation at the Abilene Red Cross, at 1610 N. 2nd St. in Abilene. You can also reach them at 325-677-2622.
Donations can also be mailed to Red Cross headquarters in Washington at: American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
All day ABC programming will encourage people to donate. Shows participating include Good Morning America, LIVE with Kelly and Michael, The View, The Chew, Katie, World News with Diane Sawyer, Dancing With The Stars, Nightline, and Jimmy Kimmel Live. ESPN will also be encouraging donations.
The Walt Disney company announced last week it was donating $2 million to rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Sandy.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking