ABILENE, Texas - On Monday, Nov. 5, the Disney/ABC Television group is holding a day-long event called the "Day of Giving" to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
KTXS Television is an affiliate station of ABC Television.
To help those affected locally, you can drop off a donation at the Abilene Red Cross, at 1610 N. 2nd St. in Abilene. You can also reach them at 325-677-2622.
Donations can also be mailed to Red Cross headquarters in Washington at: American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
All day ABC programming will encourage people to donate. Shows participating include Good Morning America, LIVE with Kelly and Michael, The View, The Chew, Katie, World News with Diane Sawyer, Dancing With The Stars, Nightline, and Jimmy Kimmel Live. ESPN will also be encouraging donations.
The Walt Disney company announced last week it was donating $2 million to rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Sandy.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend