ABILENE, Texas - On Monday, Nov. 5, the Disney/ABC Television group is holding a day-long event called the "Day of Giving" to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
KTXS Television is an affiliate station of ABC Television.
To help those affected locally, you can drop off a donation at the Abilene Red Cross, at 1610 N. 2nd St. in Abilene. You can also reach them at 325-677-2622.
Donations can also be mailed to Red Cross headquarters in Washington at: American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
All day ABC programming will encourage people to donate. Shows participating include Good Morning America, LIVE with Kelly and Michael, The View, The Chew, Katie, World News with Diane Sawyer, Dancing With The Stars, Nightline, and Jimmy Kimmel Live. ESPN will also be encouraging donations.
The Walt Disney company announced last week it was donating $2 million to rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Sandy.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death