ABILENE, Texas - The Hardin-Simmons University Counseling Center will be sponsoring three free seminars for students and members of the community.
The seminars will be led by faculty in the HSU Clinical Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program.
Here are all the facts provided to us by the university:
Counseling Awareness Month Community Seminars
April 3, 2014 - Helping Children Identify and Manage Feelings.
Presenter: Dr. Lori Copeland, HSU Professor of Psychology
April 10, 2014 - Stress Management Strategies
Presenter: Dr. Sue Lucas, Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Family Psychology Program/Clinic
April 24, 2014 - Communication in Marriage
Presenter: Dr. Tom Copeland, HSU Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Honors Program
Where: HSU Johnson Building, room 213
When: Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
The American Counseling Association (ACA) designates April of each year as Counseling Awareness Month (CAM), a time of advocacy for the profession and celebration of the outstanding efforts of professional counselors in various settings as they seek to facilitate the growth and development of all people.
- Updated Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated 'La La Land' leads Oscar nominations with 14 bids
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- KTXS Forecast: Elevated wildfire risk, breezy, drier, and warmer
- Meek Blood Center hosts drive in honor of Colorado City veterinarian