ABILENE, Texas - The Hardin-Simmons University Counseling Center will be sponsoring three free seminars for students and members of the community.
The seminars will be led by faculty in the HSU Clinical Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program.
Here are all the facts provided to us by the university:
Counseling Awareness Month Community Seminars
April 3, 2014 - Helping Children Identify and Manage Feelings.
Presenter: Dr. Lori Copeland, HSU Professor of Psychology
April 10, 2014 - Stress Management Strategies
Presenter: Dr. Sue Lucas, Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Family Psychology Program/Clinic
April 24, 2014 - Communication in Marriage
Presenter: Dr. Tom Copeland, HSU Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Honors Program
Where: HSU Johnson Building, room 213
When: Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
The American Counseling Association (ACA) designates April of each year as Counseling Awareness Month (CAM), a time of advocacy for the profession and celebration of the outstanding efforts of professional counselors in various settings as they seek to facilitate the growth and development of all people.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash