ABILENE, Texas - The Hardin-Simmons University Counseling Center will be sponsoring three free seminars for students and members of the community.
The seminars will be led by faculty in the HSU Clinical Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program.
Here are all the facts provided to us by the university:
Counseling Awareness Month Community Seminars
April 3, 2014 - Helping Children Identify and Manage Feelings.
Presenter: Dr. Lori Copeland, HSU Professor of Psychology
April 10, 2014 - Stress Management Strategies
Presenter: Dr. Sue Lucas, Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Family Psychology Program/Clinic
April 24, 2014 - Communication in Marriage
Presenter: Dr. Tom Copeland, HSU Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Honors Program
Where: HSU Johnson Building, room 213
When: Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
The American Counseling Association (ACA) designates April of each year as Counseling Awareness Month (CAM), a time of advocacy for the profession and celebration of the outstanding efforts of professional counselors in various settings as they seek to facilitate the growth and development of all people.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon