ABILENE, Texas - The Hardin-Simmons University Counseling Center will be sponsoring three free seminars for students and members of the community.
The seminars will be led by faculty in the HSU Clinical Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program.
Here are all the facts provided to us by the university:
Counseling Awareness Month Community Seminars
April 3, 2014 - Helping Children Identify and Manage Feelings.
Presenter: Dr. Lori Copeland, HSU Professor of Psychology
April 10, 2014 - Stress Management Strategies
Presenter: Dr. Sue Lucas, Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Family Psychology Program/Clinic
April 24, 2014 - Communication in Marriage
Presenter: Dr. Tom Copeland, HSU Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of Honors Program
Where: HSU Johnson Building, room 213
When: Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
The American Counseling Association (ACA) designates April of each year as Counseling Awareness Month (CAM), a time of advocacy for the profession and celebration of the outstanding efforts of professional counselors in various settings as they seek to facilitate the growth and development of all people.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student