ABILENE, Texas - 425 freshmen and transfer students took over the Hardin-Simmons University campus Wednesday for "STAMPEDE" week.
At least 80 volunteers helped students move into residence halls and settle in for their first year at the school.
Parents accompanied their kids Wednesday and said their goodbyes after an ice cream dessert party on the HSU front lawn.
Students are now preparing for the next five days of meeting their peers and attending assemblies before the school year begins.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot