ABILENE, Texas - Hundreds of people laced up their sneakers for the 10th Annual Mayor's 5K.
They were up bright and early at the Abilene Civic Center. Participants were invited to either walk, run or bike through a downtown Abilene course with Mayor Norm Archibald.
With the recent tragedy in Boston still fresh on everyone's minds, one runner says it's important to move forward.
"You're gonna be a little apprehensive but in the end we still have to live our lives and trust that things are going to be taken care of by our police, our security, everybody involved so it wasn't really in my mind," said Robert Ramos. "This is a good way to show that we're not afraid and that we need to keep going forward."
Proceeds from the walk will benefit the Mayor's "Council on Physical Fitness."
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget