From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development: Short-term ramp closures on westbound I-20 in Abilene are planned in early April as work continues on the frontage road construction project.
Westbound exit #288 to SH 351 will be closed shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday, April 1 and should reopen by the end of the week. During that time, westbound traffic will need to use exit #290.
After exit #288 reopens, the westbound entrance ramp to I-20 located just after Musgrave Blvd. will close for several days. Traffic will enter the interstate at the next ramp located near N. Judge Ely Blvd. The ramp should be reopened by April 12. Both closures are necessary for crews to continue some of the base and paving work as they reconstruct the frontage roads.
Electronic message boards will be posted to direct drivers during these ramp closures.
Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp just past SH 351 will remain closed until work to construct new ramps in this area is completed.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck