From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development: Short-term ramp closures on westbound I-20 in Abilene are planned in early April as work continues on the frontage road construction project.
Westbound exit #288 to SH 351 will be closed shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday, April 1 and should reopen by the end of the week. During that time, westbound traffic will need to use exit #290.
After exit #288 reopens, the westbound entrance ramp to I-20 located just after Musgrave Blvd. will close for several days. Traffic will enter the interstate at the next ramp located near N. Judge Ely Blvd. The ramp should be reopened by April 12. Both closures are necessary for crews to continue some of the base and paving work as they reconstruct the frontage roads.
Electronic message boards will be posted to direct drivers during these ramp closures.
Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp just past SH 351 will remain closed until work to construct new ramps in this area is completed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated