ABILENE, Texas - A jury will decide the fate of the 25-year-old Abilene man charged with aggravated assault after the shooting at IHOP in March.
Brandon Green appeared in court today and was not given the option of a plea deal. He was indicted back in June by a Taylor County Grand Jury.
According to police, Green was in town visiting friends when he got into a fight inside the IHOP on Clack Street. Police said the fight was about a girl and Green left the restaurant after the fight.
According to police, the victim, T.J. Carrion, was waiting at the front door of the restaurant when Green opened fire. Bullets hit the glass and Carrion was shot 5 times.
Police said Carrion went back into the restaurant as Green continued to fire his weapon, hitting the glass.
Green will now go to a jury trial. No date has been set for the trial yet, but it could go as early as December.
Green is still being held in the Taylor County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget