ABILENE, Texas - A jury will decide the fate of the 25-year-old Abilene man charged with aggravated assault after the shooting at IHOP in March.
Brandon Green appeared in court today and was not given the option of a plea deal. He was indicted back in June by a Taylor County Grand Jury.
According to police, Green was in town visiting friends when he got into a fight inside the IHOP on Clack Street. Police said the fight was about a girl and Green left the restaurant after the fight.
According to police, the victim, T.J. Carrion, was waiting at the front door of the restaurant when Green opened fire. Bullets hit the glass and Carrion was shot 5 times.
Police said Carrion went back into the restaurant as Green continued to fire his weapon, hitting the glass.
Green will now go to a jury trial. No date has been set for the trial yet, but it could go as early as December.
Green is still being held in the Taylor County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer