ABILENE, Texas - Monday was the final day to file to run in the March primary elections, and there are some big battles shaping up in the Republican Primary.
Taylor County Precinct 2 Commissioner Kyle Kendrick is facing a challenge from the man he unseated four years ago, Dwayne Tucker.
Precinct 4 Commissioner Chuck Statler is facing a primary challenge from Ron Harris.
The incumbent County Court at Law #2 Judge Sam Carroll also has a challenger, Tim Ladyman.
For the nomination for 326th District Judge, three Republicans are running: Claire Mehaffey, Mary Ann Fergus, and Paul Rotenberry.
Current 326th District Judge Aleta Hacker is retiring.
We haven't heard anything about any filings in the Democratic primary yet.
The primary election is March 4.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack