ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly striking a female family member with a metal club and cutting her.
Juan Rodriguez, 22, was arrested in May after police said he used a metal closet rod as a club to beat the victim around her body and head. He allegedly used a small saw blade to cut her on or around her face. Police said the victim was seriously injured.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Rodriguez on two counts of aggravated assault.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store