ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly striking a female family member with a metal club and cutting her.
Juan Rodriguez, 22, was arrested in May after police said he used a metal closet rod as a club to beat the victim around her body and head. He allegedly used a small saw blade to cut her on or around her face. Police said the victim was seriously injured.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Rodriguez on two counts of aggravated assault.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated