ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly striking a female family member with a metal club and cutting her.
Juan Rodriguez, 22, was arrested in May after police said he used a metal closet rod as a club to beat the victim around her body and head. He allegedly used a small saw blade to cut her on or around her face. Police said the victim was seriously injured.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Rodriguez on two counts of aggravated assault.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot