ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly striking a female family member with a metal club and cutting her.
Juan Rodriguez, 22, was arrested in May after police said he used a metal closet rod as a club to beat the victim around her body and head. He allegedly used a small saw blade to cut her on or around her face. Police said the victim was seriously injured.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Rodriguez on two counts of aggravated assault.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack