ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly tampering with evidence after a child was shot in the head in August 2012.
Christopher Mack, 22, was originally charged with injury to a child for allegedly shooting 12-year-old Zachary McDaniel after a bad drug deal on North 9th Street. According to police, McDaniel was in the backseat of a car that was fleeing the scene when he was shot.
In September, police lowered Mack's charge to tampering with evidence in the case and charged 18-year-old Keegan Clark with the shooting.
A Taylor County grand jury determined Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Mack on the tampering charge.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated