ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly tampering with evidence after a child was shot in the head in August 2012.
Christopher Mack, 22, was originally charged with injury to a child for allegedly shooting 12-year-old Zachary McDaniel after a bad drug deal on North 9th Street. According to police, McDaniel was in the backseat of a car that was fleeing the scene when he was shot.
In September, police lowered Mack's charge to tampering with evidence in the case and charged 18-year-old Keegan Clark with the shooting.
A Taylor County grand jury determined Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Mack on the tampering charge.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget