ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly tampering with evidence after a child was shot in the head in August 2012.
Christopher Mack, 22, was originally charged with injury to a child for allegedly shooting 12-year-old Zachary McDaniel after a bad drug deal on North 9th Street. According to police, McDaniel was in the backseat of a car that was fleeing the scene when he was shot.
In September, police lowered Mack's charge to tampering with evidence in the case and charged 18-year-old Keegan Clark with the shooting.
A Taylor County grand jury determined Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Mack on the tampering charge.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking