ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother was indicted Thursday for allegedly leaving her children unsupervised in a public street.
Summer Helvey, 20, and Frank Rodriguez, 19, were arrested on child endangerment charges in September 2012.
According to police, one of their children was found naked and the other extremely dirty. Officers said one of the children almost got run over.
Police said they found Helvey and Rodriguez inside a home that smelled of marijuana.
A Taylor County grand jury decided Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Helvey for child endangerment.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program