ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother was indicted Thursday for allegedly leaving her children unsupervised in a public street.
Summer Helvey, 20, and Frank Rodriguez, 19, were arrested on child endangerment charges in September 2012.
According to police, one of their children was found naked and the other extremely dirty. Officers said one of the children almost got run over.
Police said they found Helvey and Rodriguez inside a home that smelled of marijuana.
A Taylor County grand jury decided Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Helvey for child endangerment.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth