ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother was indicted Thursday for allegedly leaving her children unsupervised in a public street.
Summer Helvey, 20, and Frank Rodriguez, 19, were arrested on child endangerment charges in September 2012.
According to police, one of their children was found naked and the other extremely dirty. Officers said one of the children almost got run over.
Police said they found Helvey and Rodriguez inside a home that smelled of marijuana.
A Taylor County grand jury decided Thursday there is enough evidence to indict Helvey for child endangerment.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash