ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was indicted Thursday for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old boy and becoming pregnant.
According to court records, police detectives were made aware of 29-year-old Victoria Moreno's pregnancy in September 2012.
Detectives said Moreno initially denied any sort of relationship with the teen but turned herself in at the Taylor County Law Enforcement center a few days later. Moreno told police she was pregnant with the teen's child and that they loved each other even though she knew he was only 14-years-old.
Police said the teen claimed he and Moreno had been having sex since February 2012 and Moreno became pregnant the next month.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Moreno for sexual assault of a child.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire