ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was indicted Thursday for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old boy and becoming pregnant.
According to court records, police detectives were made aware of 29-year-old Victoria Moreno's pregnancy in September 2012.
Detectives said Moreno initially denied any sort of relationship with the teen but turned herself in at the Taylor County Law Enforcement center a few days later. Moreno told police she was pregnant with the teen's child and that they loved each other even though she knew he was only 14-years-old.
Police said the teen claimed he and Moreno had been having sex since February 2012 and Moreno became pregnant the next month.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Moreno for sexual assault of a child.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills