ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Police Officer Mike Ricker is back on duty after he was injured last Friday in a motorcycle accident.
Ricker, who was off duty at the time, was driving his department motorcycle when a dog ran out in front of him on T & P Lane.
Although Ricker slid off his bike, he and the dog only sustained minor injuries.
The dog is being held at the Abilene Animal Shelter and is up for adoption. Aaron Vannoy, Abilene Animal Services manager, said the dog only costs $60 and will come with a voucher to get him neutered, vaccinated and licensed with the city.
If you are interested in meeting the dog, you can contact the animal shelter at (325) 698-0085.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade