ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University's homecoming is truly unique.
Social clubs put up tipi's and other dwellings that the tribe they represent would live in, and try to make them historically accurate.
Then those club members pass on the history of their tribe to new members.
Friday thousands of Big Country students got to tour and learn a little about our Native American heritage. KTXS Photojournalist Joe Fry documents the tour in the video above this article.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend