ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University's homecoming is truly unique.
Social clubs put up tipi's and other dwellings that the tribe they represent would live in, and try to make them historically accurate.
Then those club members pass on the history of their tribe to new members.
Friday thousands of Big Country students got to tour and learn a little about our Native American heritage. KTXS Photojournalist Joe Fry documents the tour in the video above this article.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide