ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University's homecoming is truly unique.
Social clubs put up tipi's and other dwellings that the tribe they represent would live in, and try to make them historically accurate.
Then those club members pass on the history of their tribe to new members.
Friday thousands of Big Country students got to tour and learn a little about our Native American heritage. KTXS Photojournalist Joe Fry documents the tour in the video above this article.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death