ABILENE, Texas - An American Eagle regional jet made an emergency landing at Abilene Regional Airport Saturday afternoon.
The pilot of flight 2800 reported an electrical smell in the cockpit before landing in Abilene.
The ERJ-140 landed safely at Abilene Regional about 4:30p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The flight was headed from Dallas to Santa Fe, NM. There were about 40 passengers on board and four crew members.
A maintenance crew is currently checking out the plane to find out what caused the smell.
A different aircraft took passengers and crew members to Santa Fe.
They landed safely just after 7 p.m.
- Updated Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation