The first ever "tweetathon" is happening from noon to 1 p.m. Central time today.
ABC's Chief Health and Medical Expert, Dr. Richard Besser is spearheading the project online. For every tweet put out with the hashtag #abcDRBchat, ABC will donate $1, up to $10,000.
Meanwhile, Dr. Besser is tweeting out facts about hunger in the U.S., with the aim of raising awareness and money for food banks.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera