Taylor County Commissioners are reviewing applicants for an open Justice of the Peace position.
The Precinct 1, Place 2 job is open following the retirement of A.L. Deatherage.
Applications for that job were closed June 28th. County Judge Downing Bolls tells us 15 people have applied for the position.
Bolls says the list will be whittled down to five and then interviews will be conducted.
The person named to replace Deatheridge will fill out his unexpired term and the will have to run for the office in 2014.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer