It looks like a Brownwood man will go on trial, as planned, next month for capital murder.
Matthew Navarro, 23, has been denied a motion to dismiss the case against him. Navarro is one of four men charged in the shooting death of Ronald Philen.
Brownwood police say Navarro and three other men broke into Philen's home in December of 2009 to steal marijuana. The deal turned bad, and ended in Philen's death.
Navarro's lawyer claims some evidence was never collected or properly preserved. Jury selection in navarro's trial is still set to start June 2.
The three other men indicted in Philen's murder are all serving prison sentences for the crime.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated