ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 45 years in prison Friday for sexually assaulting and robbing a girl in 2011.
The victim flagged down an off-duty Abilene police officer In June 2011 to report the crime. She provided a description of her attacker, who turned out to be 44-year-old Billy Williams.
When officers caught Williams, they said he was in possession of some of the girl's items.
Judge John Weeks sentenced Williams to 45 years in prison Friday in the 42nd District Court in Taylor County.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic