ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 45 years in prison Friday for sexually assaulting and robbing a girl in 2011.
The victim flagged down an off-duty Abilene police officer In June 2011 to report the crime. She provided a description of her attacker, who turned out to be 44-year-old Billy Williams.
When officers caught Williams, they said he was in possession of some of the girl's items.
Judge John Weeks sentenced Williams to 45 years in prison Friday in the 42nd District Court in Taylor County.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated