ABILENE, Texas - Take a look at some of the festivities happening around Abilene on Wednesday (July 3) and Thursday (July 4).
Wednesday, July 3:
6:30 p.m., BBQ dinner at the Abilene Zoo and Festival Gardens (tickets needed)
10 p.m., WesTex Connect fireworks display at the Abilene Zoo and Festival Gardens (tickets needed)
Thursday, July 4:
9:30 a.m., Star Jeep 4th of July at Buffalo Gap Historic Village. A parade will start at Shades of Hope and end at the Village. Music and activities will continue until 2 p.m. (free).
10 a.m., Hillcrest neighborhood parade. Will begin at the corner of Bacon and Campus Court (free).
Noon, Prince of Peace Ministries community cookout at 147 Sayles. Will run until 3 p.m. (free).
6:30 p.m., Amarillo Street neighborhood parade. Will begin behind the Church of the Heavenly Rest (free).
7:30 p.m., Community Band concert. On the lawn of the Church of the Heavenly Rest, following the Amarillo Street parade (free).
July 5 (Friday) & July 6 (Saturday):
Festival by the Lake at Clyde Lake. Live music starts at 5 p.m. Friday and noon Saturday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated