An Abilene juvenile is charged with threatening to commit a mass shooting at a local high school.
17-year-old Cody Lane White was arrested December 20th.
Abilene police say White posted on Facebook that he intended to commit a mass shooting at a school. That prompted authorities to increase police presence at all Abilene school campuses on Friday, December 21.
Police say White confessed to posting the comment.
He faces charges of false report, a state jail felony as the threat was made against a public school.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets