An Abilene juvenile is charged with threatening to commit a mass shooting at a local high school.
17-year-old Cody Lane White was arrested December 20th.
Abilene police say White posted on Facebook that he intended to commit a mass shooting at a school. That prompted authorities to increase police presence at all Abilene school campuses on Friday, December 21.
Police say White confessed to posting the comment.
He faces charges of false report, a state jail felony as the threat was made against a public school.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk