An Abilene juvenile is charged with threatening to commit a mass shooting at a local high school.
17-year-old Cody Lane White was arrested December 20th.
Abilene police say White posted on Facebook that he intended to commit a mass shooting at a school. That prompted authorities to increase police presence at all Abilene school campuses on Friday, December 21.
Police say White confessed to posting the comment.
He faces charges of false report, a state jail felony as the threat was made against a public school.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill