ABILENE, Texas - A kidnapped 5-year-old Louisiana girl was located Thursday on a bus at the Greyhound terminal on Hwy 351 (Ambler Avenue) in Abilene.
Arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail was the child's mother – Ashley Darlene Goudeaux of Pollock, La.
While the young girl was released to Child Protective Services, officials were awaiting an arrest warrant from Louisiana for the mom, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety release.
Authorities found the child about 12:57 p.m. Thursday after receiving information from the FBI that the child's possible location was in Callahan or Taylor County.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy