ABILENE, Texas - A kidnapped 5-year-old Louisiana girl was located Thursday on a bus at the Greyhound terminal on Hwy 351 (Ambler Avenue) in Abilene.
Arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail was the child's mother – Ashley Darlene Goudeaux of Pollock, La.
While the young girl was released to Child Protective Services, officials were awaiting an arrest warrant from Louisiana for the mom, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety release.
Authorities found the child about 12:57 p.m. Thursday after receiving information from the FBI that the child's possible location was in Callahan or Taylor County.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated