ABILENE, Texas - A kidnapped 5-year-old Louisiana girl was located Thursday on a bus at the Greyhound terminal on Hwy 351 (Ambler Avenue) in Abilene.
Arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail was the child's mother – Ashley Darlene Goudeaux of Pollock, La.
While the young girl was released to Child Protective Services, officials were awaiting an arrest warrant from Louisiana for the mom, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety release.
Authorities found the child about 12:57 p.m. Thursday after receiving information from the FBI that the child's possible location was in Callahan or Taylor County.
- Updated Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'