ABILENE, Texas - Around Abilene, school campuses were empty Sunday, but on Monday morning they'll be flooded with children going back to school.
The holidays are over and most parents are ready to send their children back, but others wouldn't mind the break being just a bit longer.
KTXS spoke to some parents, and some said since they have to work, their kids should have to hit the books too.
Parents like Joy Scott, who said, "They've been out for two weeks with me, because I've been out for two weeks too. I work at Cisco College so yea, we've been out for two weeks so we go back to work Monday, so if I got to get up and go to work, they need to get up and go to school."
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week