ABILENE, Texas - The Kiwanis Club hosted its 65th annual Pancake Day at the Abilene Civic Center on Saturday.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward local charities like the Ben Richey Boys Ranch and Hendrick Home for Children. The event featured a silent auction and live entertainment by the Wylie Jazz Band.
Organizers said they hope to raise $30,000. Ticket holders were able to get pancakes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated