ABILENE, Texas - The Kiwanis Club hosted its 65th annual Pancake Day at the Abilene Civic Center on Saturday.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward local charities like the Ben Richey Boys Ranch and Hendrick Home for Children. The event featured a silent auction and live entertainment by the Wylie Jazz Band.
Organizers said they hope to raise $30,000. Ticket holders were able to get pancakes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Missing Texas dad of 3 is found in Ohio, met someone online
- Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring