ABILENE, Texas - The Kiwanis Club hosted its 65th annual Pancake Day at the Abilene Civic Center on Saturday.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward local charities like the Ben Richey Boys Ranch and Hendrick Home for Children. The event featured a silent auction and live entertainment by the Wylie Jazz Band.
Organizers said they hope to raise $30,000. Ticket holders were able to get pancakes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth