ABILENE, Texas - The Kiwanis Club hosted its 65th annual Pancake Day at the Abilene Civic Center on Saturday.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward local charities like the Ben Richey Boys Ranch and Hendrick Home for Children. The event featured a silent auction and live entertainment by the Wylie Jazz Band.
Organizers said they hope to raise $30,000. Ticket holders were able to get pancakes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations