ABILENE, Texas - Lyndel Cook from the Kiwanis Club of Greater Abilene visited KTXS Monday and spoke about the group's preparations for this year's Chili Day.
The 57th Annual Chili Day & Auction will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23 at the Abilene Civic Center.
Tickets cost $6 in advance and $7 at the door. If you buy ten or more, they are $5 each. Children 5 and under eat free.
There will be all you can eat chili and drink. There will be tacos, cobbler, and ice cream available as well.
Chili Day benefits charities for children, including Ben Richey Boys Ranch, Big Brother/Big Siter, Boys & Girls Club, Children's Miracle Network, Day Nursery, Disability Resources, Hendrick Home, Jr. Achievement, Key City Little League, and Special Olympics.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS