ABILENE, Texas - Lyndel Cook from the Kiwanis Club of Greater Abilene visited KTXS Monday and spoke about the group's preparations for this year's Chili Day.
The 57th Annual Chili Day & Auction will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23 at the Abilene Civic Center.
Tickets cost $6 in advance and $7 at the door. If you buy ten or more, they are $5 each. Children 5 and under eat free.
There will be all you can eat chili and drink. There will be tacos, cobbler, and ice cream available as well.
Chili Day benefits charities for children, including Ben Richey Boys Ranch, Big Brother/Big Siter, Boys & Girls Club, Children's Miracle Network, Day Nursery, Disability Resources, Hendrick Home, Jr. Achievement, Key City Little League, and Special Olympics.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017