ABILENE, Texas - Lyndel Cook from the Kiwanis Club of Greater Abilene visited KTXS Monday and spoke about the group's preparations for this year's Chili Day.
The 57th Annual Chili Day & Auction will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23 at the Abilene Civic Center.
Tickets cost $6 in advance and $7 at the door. If you buy ten or more, they are $5 each. Children 5 and under eat free.
There will be all you can eat chili and drink. There will be tacos, cobbler, and ice cream available as well.
Chili Day benefits charities for children, including Ben Richey Boys Ranch, Big Brother/Big Siter, Boys & Girls Club, Children's Miracle Network, Day Nursery, Disability Resources, Hendrick Home, Jr. Achievement, Key City Little League, and Special Olympics.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account