ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force base held a media day Friday, giving local media the chance to get an inside look at what the Airmen do on a daily basis.
K-Texas got the opportunity to tour the base and see where the Airmen eat, sleep and do their job.
The Airmen did exercises to simulate what it's like in various real-life situations.
KTXS toured different aircraft, as well as went up for a ride in a C-130.
This was the first media day Dyess has held in three years.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot