ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force base held a media day Friday, giving local media the chance to get an inside look at what the Airmen do on a daily basis.
K-Texas got the opportunity to tour the base and see where the Airmen eat, sleep and do their job.
The Airmen did exercises to simulate what it's like in various real-life situations.
KTXS toured different aircraft, as well as went up for a ride in a C-130.
This was the first media day Dyess has held in three years.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated