ABILENE, Texas - Kids are working on their Christmas lists and shopping is in full swing. We took a look at the hottest Christmas toys for 2013.
Topping the list is Big Hugs Elmo, which retails for $49. Elmo has a sleep and play mode and gives hugs, as well as sings lullabies and plays imaginary games with your little ones.
Monster High Dolls are a big hit among young girls and "tweens." The dolls retail for $19.97.
The Nerf Rebelle Guardian Crossbow is popular this year for girls of all ages. It can shoot darts up to 75 feet away. It retails for $19.88.
The Flutterbye Flying Fairy retails for $27.44 and once the button is pressed on its charging chamber, the fairy takes off and "flies." the fairy can hover over your hand and you can guide it in which direction you want it to go.
Furby's are still very popular this year. The smaller versions retails for about $20 and the larger versions are $60. You can download apps for the Furby and use them on any smartphone.
Finally, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are popular again! These guys were big in the early 90s. Anything Ninja Turtle-related is selling fast. The Donatello combat set retails for $12.97
For a list of other hot Christmas toys, click here.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend