ABILENE, Texas - No one was home or injured in a two-alarm, two-story house fire that broke out early Friday morning at Lake Fort Phantom.
Eleven pieces of fire equipment were on the scene near FM 600 and Cool Breeze – at 11209 West Lake Road – after the house fire was reported about 3:45 a.m.
The house appears to be a total loss, fire officials said.
"Upon arrival there was heavy smoke and fire showing from the two-story house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said, noting grass fires also surrounded the home.
Firefighters worked for nearly two hours to bring the blaze under control, the fire department release said.
The family living in the home is a mother, father and five children who were staying at a relative's house.
No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze.
The American Red Cross has been contacted.
An account has been set up for donations to the Davis family at Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union.
- Updated Police chief: Homicide investigation continues regarding Brownwood man's death
- Updated Texas boy dies after stepping into puddle with downed power line
- Teen's body recovered from Texas lake after canoe capsized
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks