ABILENE, Texas - No one was home or injured in a two-alarm, two-story house fire that broke out early Friday morning at Lake Fort Phantom.
Eleven pieces of fire equipment were on the scene near FM 600 and Cool Breeze – at 11209 West Lake Road – after the house fire was reported about 3:45 a.m.
The house appears to be a total loss, fire officials said.
"Upon arrival there was heavy smoke and fire showing from the two-story house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said, noting grass fires also surrounded the home.
Firefighters worked for nearly two hours to bring the blaze under control, the fire department release said.
The family living in the home is a mother, father and five children who were staying at a relative's house.
No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze.
The American Red Cross has been contacted.
An account has been set up for donations to the Davis family at Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- Updated Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Rain chances fade, temperatures climb
- Updated Hot air balloon with 16 aboard crashes in Texas; no survivors