ABILENE, Texas - No one was home or injured in a two-alarm, two-story house fire that broke out early Friday morning at Lake Fort Phantom.
Eleven pieces of fire equipment were on the scene near FM 600 and Cool Breeze – at 11209 West Lake Road – after the house fire was reported about 3:45 a.m.
The house appears to be a total loss, fire officials said.
"Upon arrival there was heavy smoke and fire showing from the two-story house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said, noting grass fires also surrounded the home.
Firefighters worked for nearly two hours to bring the blaze under control, the fire department release said.
The family living in the home is a mother, father and five children who were staying at a relative's house.
No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze.
The American Red Cross has been contacted.
An account has been set up for donations to the Davis family at Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated