ABILENE, Texas - TxDOT contractors on Monday are scheduled to begin a "months-long project" to repair and rehabilitate a 2.6-mile stretch of US 84 (Business 20) in Abilene.
The project will run -- in both directions -- from near Old Bankhead Highway to near US 83 (Winters Freeway).
US 84, also labeled Business 20, ultimately turns into South 1st Street.
JH Strain & Sons of Tye has been awarded the $2.371 million Texas Department of Public Safety contract.
"Some sections of the roadway will see daytime and nighttime lane closures as the project progresses," TxDOT said in a news release, noting the project will include spot repair, milling, and overlay application.
Estimated completion is mid-September, according to TxDOT.
"TxDOT reminds drivers to always drive to conditions and to be especially watchful in work zones where crew members and large, slow moving vehicles are often present," the news release said.
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Abilene police warn of jury duty scam
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver