ABILENE, Texas - Westbound lanes of Interstate 20 near Pine Street were closed due a four-vehicle accident Friday morning that injured five.
Police said a pickup truck towing a Nissan vehicle attempted to merge onto I-20 – and the driver didn't see another truck on the outside lane. The illegal lane change caused two pickup trucks to run off the road. One of the trucks that was swiped came to a rest after hitting a guardrail. The vehicle in tow ended up flipping and landing on its top side.
Of five injured in the accident, one -- an unidentified female -- was transported to Hendrick Medical Center for her injuries. There was no immediate word on her condition.
The driver of the vehicle who made the illegal lane change was cited for unsafe lane change.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer