ABILENE, Texas - Westbound lanes of Interstate 20 near Pine Street were closed due a four-vehicle accident Friday morning that injured five.
Police said a pickup truck towing a Nissan vehicle attempted to merge onto I-20 – and the driver didn't see another truck on the outside lane. The illegal lane change caused two pickup trucks to run off the road. One of the trucks that was swiped came to a rest after hitting a guardrail. The vehicle in tow ended up flipping and landing on its top side.
Of five injured in the accident, one -- an unidentified female -- was transported to Hendrick Medical Center for her injuries. There was no immediate word on her condition.
The driver of the vehicle who made the illegal lane change was cited for unsafe lane change.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot