ABILENE, Texas - Westbound lanes of Interstate 20 near Pine Street were closed due a four-vehicle accident Friday morning that injured five.
Police said a pickup truck towing a Nissan vehicle attempted to merge onto I-20 – and the driver didn't see another truck on the outside lane. The illegal lane change caused two pickup trucks to run off the road. One of the trucks that was swiped came to a rest after hitting a guardrail. The vehicle in tow ended up flipping and landing on its top side.
Of five injured in the accident, one -- an unidentified female -- was transported to Hendrick Medical Center for her injuries. There was no immediate word on her condition.
The driver of the vehicle who made the illegal lane change was cited for unsafe lane change.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi