ABILENE, Texas - Thursday will be a big day for Dyess Air Force Base, as the final C-130J aircraft will be delivered.
It's the last of the 28 C-130J models to be delivered to the 317th airlift group to replace the old C-130s.
In honor of the final delivery, the Abilene Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Committee is throwing a "Super J Fleet Complete Gala" at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Abilene Civic Center.
Tickets are $30 per person.
For more information, please call Debra Morotini at 677-7241 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family