ABILENE, Texas - For many parents who believe Texas public school students are being over tested, Tuesday may be their last chance to participate in an informational meeting in Abilene.
Abilene grassroots group "Friends of Public Education" will present the meeting at 7 pm at the Abilene Public Library on Mockingbird Lane.
The meeting is for parents who were unable to attend last months two morning sessions.
Early this year, a movement was launched by parents in Texas who believe the state relies too much on standardized testing and it is having a negative impact on public school students.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck