ABILENE, Texas - Teenagers with The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints took some time to give back to the community Saturday.
The teens paid a visit to the YMCA located at Redbud Park to help paint and clean up. An area leader from the event said the youth are taught to serve at a young age and, by serving others, they are also serving God.
They plan to make service projects all over the Big Country an annual event.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire