ABILENE, Texas - The president of the local chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens is asking for the Abilene School Board to hold their appointment discussions for a new school board member in open session.
The board will be filling the open Place 7 seat that was held by Shane Davidson before he resigned in January.
The board voted February 11 to appoint someone to the open seat instead of holding a special election.
They are currently planning to hold all discussion of a possible appointee in closed session.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated