ABILENE, Texas - The president of the local chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens is asking for the Abilene School Board to hold their appointment discussions for a new school board member in open session.
The board will be filling the open Place 7 seat that was held by Shane Davidson before he resigned in January.
The board voted February 11 to appoint someone to the open seat instead of holding a special election.
They are currently planning to hold all discussion of a possible appointee in closed session.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman