A local business donated more than $13,000 for school supplies that went to the students at Taylor Elementary School.
More than 600 backpacks were delivered this morning by representatives of the Abilene branch of Teleperformance, a customer service call center.
The company delivered $13,000 worth of backpacks and supplies to the local branch. In addition to that, local employees then collected more than $1,100 worth of supplies.
Employees filled each backpack with supplies such as notebooks, markers, pencils, crayons, erasers, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency