A local business donated more than $13,000 for school supplies that went to the students at Taylor Elementary School.
More than 600 backpacks were delivered this morning by representatives of the Abilene branch of Teleperformance, a customer service call center.
The company delivered $13,000 worth of backpacks and supplies to the local branch. In addition to that, local employees then collected more than $1,100 worth of supplies.
Employees filled each backpack with supplies such as notebooks, markers, pencils, crayons, erasers, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run