A local business donated more than $13,000 for school supplies that went to the students at Taylor Elementary School.
More than 600 backpacks were delivered this morning by representatives of the Abilene branch of Teleperformance, a customer service call center.
The company delivered $13,000 worth of backpacks and supplies to the local branch. In addition to that, local employees then collected more than $1,100 worth of supplies.
Employees filled each backpack with supplies such as notebooks, markers, pencils, crayons, erasers, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast