ABILENE, Texas - Getting your blood sugar checked can be scary, but it's also necessary.
Local Abilenians checked in with their health at a diabetes seminar at the King Solomon Baptist church in Abilene.
The seminar was called "Taking Control with Rosie Murrell." Murrell was a guest speaker and talked about the dangers of having high blood sugar. She also gave information on creating healthy habits.
The event was free to the public and included health education workshops and vendors.
Abilene Regional Hospital's chef treated guests to a variety of healthy food.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't