ABILENE, Texas - Getting your blood sugar checked can be scary, but it's also necessary.
Local Abilenians checked in with their health at a diabetes seminar at the King Solomon Baptist church in Abilene.
The seminar was called "Taking Control with Rosie Murrell." Murrell was a guest speaker and talked about the dangers of having high blood sugar. She also gave information on creating healthy habits.
The event was free to the public and included health education workshops and vendors.
Abilene Regional Hospital's chef treated guests to a variety of healthy food.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated