ABILENE, Texas - Getting your blood sugar checked can be scary, but it's also necessary.
Local Abilenians checked in with their health at a diabetes seminar at the King Solomon Baptist church in Abilene.
The seminar was called "Taking Control with Rosie Murrell." Murrell was a guest speaker and talked about the dangers of having high blood sugar. She also gave information on creating healthy habits.
The event was free to the public and included health education workshops and vendors.
Abilene Regional Hospital's chef treated guests to a variety of healthy food.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene