ABILENE, Texas - After the bodies of three teenagers were found in Israel in June, the vicious attacks between Israel and Gaza have yet to cease.
Rami Morrison, an Israeli reservist, has served in Israel's military for years and now lives in Abilene.
Morrison said the chaos his family witnesses on a daily basis shouldn't be happening.
"I have a sister that lives in Tel Aviv and she hears sirens two or three times a day whenever they get fired on, but the Iron Dome defense system does a really incredible job," Morrison said.
Innocent civilians in both Gaza and Israel are dying and Morrison said that's not what anyone wants.
"It's been going on for so long and no one really wants that and it's hard to understand the people that do, like when you've been fighting for so long, all you want is peace and all you want is quiet," Morrison said.
Morrison's unit has not been called back to fight, but he said even if they do, he reluctantly won't be returning.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade